Carefarm Retreat for Traumatic Grief
A contemplative retreat for traumatic bereavement at the Selah Carefarm near Sedona, Arizona
Program Structure for Traumatic Grief
- Our programs are 3 or 4 structured days of “selah” – pausing to be with grief.
- These programs are facilitated by highly skilled practitioners who are CBC trained.
- The program includes individual counseling, mutual engagement with more than 45 rescued animals, ritual, expressive arts, time in restorative spaces, outdoor activities, working with nature, and contemplative practice.
- Vegan foods are available from our pantry for light breakfasts and lunches, and a group dinner (first evening) is provided.
Meals & Activities
Complimentary (Vegan) foods in our pantry and refrigerator will be available to guests at the sanctuary to prepare (light) breakfast and lunches. Dinner will also be provided on one evening during the retreat. All other meals are on your own. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, or you may bring in your own vegan food/meals. All meals at the carefarm are vegan.
Over the course of the multi-day program we will build community with the following activities:
- Time with the animals/carefarm
- Individual counseling